(Taken directly from the exceptional www.AmyOscar.com)
1. Be Kind. (include yourself)
2. Find something you love to do and do it flat out — with your hole heart, fully engaged — as often as you can.
3. Stop doing things you hate. Quit boredom. Give up worry. Wean yourself away from agreements that compromise your integrity and contracts (especially those unspoken, unwritten ones) that give you a stomachache.
4. Tell the truth — begin with the truth about what you really want, who you really are. Jot down that thing you obsess about; that idea rolling around in the back of your mind. Promote that dream from ‘fantasy’ to ‘vision’ and start sketching out an action plan.
5. Share. Right now. Even though you may not have much. No matter how humble, a thoughtful gift is a gesture of such grace.
6. Be encouraging — even when you’re not sure how they’ll EVER make money with that. (Remember: even the most successful people must take practice runs; you never know what skill someone’s building.)
7. Wear natural fibers. Cotton, silk, wool, linen. They just feel better.
8. Add beauty to the world. (include the world you live in, your home, your body, your cubicle.)
9. Leave room for silences — in conversation; and in your day. Find a place where you can be alone with your thoughts and go there.
10. If you don’t know how to help someone who’s suffering, instead of worrying about them , say a prayer on their behalf. Thrust the angels to deliver the support they need.
11. Eat food that tastes good and which, once eaten, leaves you energized. Avoid food that leaves you feeling bloated, angry, spaced out or sick.
12. Plant things in soil…actual soil. Preferably outside.
13. Drink more water.
14. Get enough sleep.
I’m going to spend some time working on numbers 2, 5 and 9. How about you?